The QED Group is seeking a full-time Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to propose to our team and to ensure smooth office operation as well as financial management of the project. The primary objective of the Bangladesh MELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services/assistance, and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government od Bangladesh (GOB). By pursuing this, USAID/Bangladesh will gradually become a learning, adaptive organization that is responsive to effective development. This five-year activity will provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support services, further strengthening the implementation of USAID/Bangladesh’s development strategy.
The DCOP will report to and work closely with the COP to ensure the effective overall management of the administrative, financial and personnel aspects of the project.
- Responsible for day to day project implementation, including management of all financial and administrative aspects of the project, including procurement, grants, subcontracts, accounting, information technology, logistics, human resources, transportation and administration.
- Supervise a team of expatriate and local finance, grants, procurement and administrative professionals; provide capacity building and mentoring when necessary.
- Assist with quarterly and annual reporting for the entire team.
- Support the COP in budget planning and monitoring.
- Maintain timely and accurate financial information.
- Work closely with subcontracting organizations.
- Oversee all administrative, procurement, logistics, travel, and protocol systems.
- Develop and monitor internal systems and procedures ensuring efficient and proper use of resources.
- Serve in an acting capacity in the absence of the COP.
- Graduate degree in management, organizational development, financial management, or a related field required.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; and development program management required.
- Must have at least eight years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a strong background in human resources, recruiting, staff management, and other human resource responsibilities.
- Demonstrated the capacity to manage complex programs in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development, management of development programs and/or contracts, and complex financial management systems.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is highly desired.
- Position contingent upon contract award
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.