NCBA CLUSA is currently recruiting for a Deputy Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID-funded RISE II project focused on resilience and natural resource management (NRM) in Niger and Burkina Faso. This position will be based in Niamey, Niger or Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso with frequent travel between the two countries.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support the chief of Party in overseeing the quality, cost-effectiveness, and timeliness of performance of all project work to ensure meeting objectives and targets.
- Keep the Chief of Party apprised regarding issues of program management and implementation and serve as the principal assistant to the Chief of Party to resolve such issues.
- Assists in the management of the project in all respects particularly public relations, communications of project information and results to the donor, the host government, project partners, and stakeholders to allow for informed decision making and a country-led initiative.
- Assists in preparation of critical project documents including action plans, annual work plans progress reports, PMPs and budgets.
- Oversees responses to ad-hoc information requests from the donor, host government counterparts, and COP.
- Liaise with the donor and host government counterparts to ensure strong relationships.
- Coordinates with the technical team in the implementation of a comprehensive knowledge management system that institutionalizes a dynamic, dialectical process of learning and implementing that will help staff refine their interventions and maximize project results.
- Oversees all project activities to capture data on indicators and to identify best practices and lessons learned as required by USAID.
- Coordinates evaluations and technical studies with Components Leads.
- Responsible for Field Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field of study, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience implementing USG projects, preferably in the areas related to NCBA CLUSA’s core focus sectors: food security and agriculture, democracy and governance, natural resource management, cooperative development, integrated women and gender initiatives, and community-based health.
- Direct relevant experience managing a large, multi-year program, which is USG funded;
- Proven ability to develop systems for project and program design.
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Experience managing project communications and compliance with NCBA CLUSA and donor regulations.
- Management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Language: Fluency in French, with knowledge of Hausa or Moore a plus.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional and strategic level.
- High performance and strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company mission, vision, principles, and values.
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Travel required often under difficult conditions.
About the Organization
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.