We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Burma TB and HIV Integrated Activity.
The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in managing administration and programs with deputy functions for technical and program activities. S/he plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending, monitors the project/program from initiation through delivery. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/program on schedule and within budget constraints. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. **The position shall be based out of Yangon, Burma. The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Collaborates with the COP to provide leadership to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive needs based strategy for programming in host country and/or sub-offices.
- Collaborates with in country technical team and headquarter based technical staff to ensure program is designed and implemented according to organization and industry best practices, program framework and regulations.
- Provides support to the COP and management to programs, ensuring strategic program direction, managed growth and compliance with organization policies and procedures and donor regulations.
- Manages, implements, and monitors systems, services, staff and budgets to achieve financial, administrative and programmatic goals.
- Provides timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to company management and donors as required.
- Collaborates with Technical and Program staff to ensure that program implementation is managed closely through the development of structured work plans, indicator tracking sheets and approved monitoring plans.
- Provides guidance and supervision to all Technical and Program staff to ensure the financial health and performance of each of the projects.
- Prepares and monitors approved budgets for assigned projects.
- Ensures expenditures within each project is monitored monthly, and that well-structured corrective action is initiated and tracked where required.
- Collaborates with the operations and cross functional groups on matters concerning staff development that leverages international staff to mentor local staff, to maintain project accountability and scale in the short term and fast track capacity building for the long term.
- Bachelor’s degree required; (however a master’s degree strongly preferred )or its international equivalent or higher in public health or a related area.
- At least 5-8 years of professional experience in public health, particularly leading and designing health programs; experience with key stakeholders in Burma;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in project management and leadership, including experience managing USAID projects and staff;
- Proven experience working with government officials, particularly MoH is highly desirable, to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making;
- Proven experience with USAID regulations in financial and accounting management per USAID guidelines, ensure that the project maintains the highest administrative, financial, and operational standards for compliance and audits
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in local language is an advantage;
- Experience working in Burma or another country in the Greater Mekong Sub-Region will be an advantage.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.