Global Communities seeks a qualified Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Colombia Youth Resilience Activity. This 45-50M, five-year program will support youth in high risk environments to reach their full potential. The program will support youth-centered efforts targeting Colombian and Venezuelan youth, disengaged child soldiers, and former youth offenders.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will be responsible for timely and coordinated implementation of all the technical activities, following the orientations given by the COP about strategic technical approach. The DCOP will be also responsible for achieving sustainable achievements, and promote coordination with stakeholders. He/she will be responsible for operational management. The Deputy Chief of Party will provide all needed leadership and support to the program and staff to ensure that goals and deliverables are meet on time and according with the purpose, objectives, results and budget, he/she also will serve as a liaison with the donor and stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Provide managerial and technical support to the Chief of Party (COP), including work planning, performance management, and strategic communications;
* Provide oversight for implementation of YRA PROGRAM, in collaboration with the COP for the development of deliverables, management, compliance, and reporting according to USAID and GC requirements;
* In collaboration with the COP, establish and monitor project budget and progress reporting processes;
* Serve as the primary liaison to all partners;
* Manage the YRA technical staff in Colombia, and ensure a cohesive and productive team dynamic across the office in Bogotá and the local offices;
* Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems.
* Provide strategic oversight and leadership to subcontractors, local teams, and local partners;
* Work with counterparts in USAID, other development partners, Territorial Entities and other stakeholders to achieve goals and objectives of the program regarding the youth.
* Support COP in all operations tasks and duties
* Serve as COP in COP’s absence
* Master’s degree or higher in management, social sciences, or a related field.
* Minimum 10 years’ prior experience implementing programs with vulnerable communities in the public and/or private sectors.
* Demonstrated experience implementing complex donor-funded development projects.
* Technical expertise in protection, income generation, Community development or violence prevention programming with vulnerable communities and youth.
* Demonstrated ability in leading programs in Colombia.
* Experience implementing USAID programming.
* Willingness to travel frequently.
* Proficient English and fluent Spanish writing/speaking skills required.
Colombian citizens are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.