For over 40 years, FHI 360 has built the capacity of individuals, communities, and governments to address the needs of vulnerable populations. In more than 60 countries, our work is grounded in research and evidence, and our staff and experts have developed partnerships to support programs in economic development—including workforce development, private sector partnership and access to finance— civil society strengthening, technology and innovation, health access and services, and education. Our integrated approaches across a broad set of disciplines and countries helps develop customized responses to complex challenges addressing multiple aspects of people’s lives. We are currently seeking qualified Deputy Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Cultural Tourism Development in Egypt Activity.
The 4-year activity will be designed to enhance Egypt’s competitiveness as a tourism destination and generate more tourism revenue and local economic benefits.
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Egypt.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party in overseeing project implementation and will provide technical and management leadership to the overall project. S/he will represent the project to external stakeholders including government officials and donors and will supervise project staff to ensure that project activities are completed in a timely manner and are of high technical quality. The position will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
· Requires a master’s degree in a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
· Minimum 8 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects and prior experience working in a non-governmental organization;
· Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
· Demonstrated experience in tourism and/or private sector development, with some experience in Egypt preferred;
· Demonstrated experience required in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics;
· Demonstrated ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for
the successful implementation of programs required;
· Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance required.
· Fluency in English required, Arabic preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.