Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Activity in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. The purpose of the anticipated Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, which includes Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu, and Tanganyika.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the DCOP Technical will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project technical deliverables to support the execution of the project.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience in post-conflict and insecure environments as well as proven experience to implement complex programs in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Additionally, he/she should possess:
* Advanced degree in agriculture, food security, governance, conflict resolution, rural sociology, rural law, or other relevant discipline;
* At least 7 years of professional experience with projects related to relevant Activity themes, direct experience working and managing programs in Eastern DRC strongly preferred;
* At least 3-5 years managing development projects with large teams and engaging with government representatives and project stakeholders;
* Previous senior management experience strongly preferred;
* French language fluency (oral and written) is required. Proficiency in English is preferred;
* DRC nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.