Tetra Tech DPK seeks Deputy Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Judicial Reform in Uzbekistan Project. This project is expected to support the efforts of the Government of Uzbekistan to develop rule of law, reform the judiciary, and improve the legal operating environment for NGOs and civil society organizations. Activities will contribute to locally-led development and self-reliance by providing input and expertise into the legislative reform process, the development of the legal profession, and facilitate strategic planning, including defining roles and paving the way for civil society development. Counterpart organizations will include the Ministry of Justice.
The DCOP will support the COP to oversee management of the activity and provide technical guidance and oversight of the award. The DCOP should have strong managerial, administrative, and writing skills. The DCOP is expected to have broad experience with international development to be utilized in achieving project goals and objects, and in the training and development of staff. The DCOP will fulfill the responsibilities of the Chief of Party in his/her absence.
- Juris Doctor (JD) (or the equivalent, preferred) in law, or master’s degree in public administration, political science, international relations, or a related field is required.
- At least 7 years professional experience in managing complex international development programs at a senior program management level, including direct supervision of professional and support staff. Experience with USAID-funded programs in Central Asia, Eastern Europe or Eurasia preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with rule of law, legal reform, or legislative strengthening program implementation.
- Experience with developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Strong communication, training, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment, must be comfortable with constant change of local partners, and multiple, competing priorities.
- Fluency speaking, reading and writing in English or Russian, with a minimum of professional proficiency in the other.
Please click here to apply. No phone calls, please. Please submit applications in English only.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech DPK is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech DPK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.