AECOM is preparing for a potential upcoming USAID/OTI project in Iraq and is recruiting for a Deputy Chief of Party- Programs (DCOP). The DCOP should possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills; the ability to multi-task, as well as manage multiple teams; and have experience working with and leading multicultural and multi-ethnic teams. Responsibilities include:
- Supervise the activity development staff and other staff involved in activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Ensure that procedures are established and complied with for activity development, activity worthiness, activity implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and closing.
- At least five (5) years of experience managing operations and administration on a USAID program in a fragile or transitional state environment.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience with small grants under contract programs, preferably in-kind and small cash grants.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, financial management, reporting and accounting, and procurement.
- Experience in activity design and administration including the areas of stabilization, governance, conflict resolution, social cohesion, and civil society support.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in Iraq or Middle Eastern countries.
- Experience in remote management in transition and security challenged environments.
- Fluency in Arabic.
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.