SNV is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – Technical for an upcoming 5-year USAID-funded Mali Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) Implementation Project. The position is contingent upon award, with an anticipated value of $19.95 million.
The project will implement two key components of the GFSS: (1) Market Systems: Improved delivery of quality products and services and (2) Agricultural Production: Sustainable intensification of target value chains. The two activities will contribute to the principal objectives of Mali’s GFSS Country Plan: inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led growth; increased resilience of people and communities to economic, health, and climate shocks; and improved nutrition and WASH status, especially of women, adolescent girls, and children.
The DCOP – Technical, in coordination with the Chief of Party, will be responsible for managing the project’s technical intervention strategy, work planning, and activity design. Areas of technical responsibility will include capacity building of producer organizations and cooperatives; strengthening market linkages with service providers, input suppliers, financial service providers and purchasers; and improving producers’ knowledge and capacity on agriculture and livestock production techniques. The DCOP – Technical will provide technical oversight, support and coaching to field-based advisors, local partners, and other local stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in agronomy, agribusiness or related field, plus eight (8) years of prior work experience in international development or related field, including at least five years of work experience in the agriculture and/or rural development sector.
- Prior management experience required.
- Proven record of accomplishment in capacity building of agribusinesses and producer groups of varying sizes, including professionalization, access to finance, and market linkages;
- Experience working with agricultural market systems, value chains, producer and farmer associations, including working with marketing groups, private sector partners, and NGOs/Associations;
- Past work experience in Mali or other Sahelian countries
- Fluency in French and proficiency in English are required.
About the Organization
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works to empower people to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development by engaging local partners to achieve results in inclusive business, value chain development, and impact investing.
SNV USA provides innovative solutions in Agriculture, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Renewable Energy to over 25 developing countries worldwide. An affiliate of SNV, we are a registered non-profit organization, connecting North American partners to sustainable global development. SNV USA has formed a number of exciting partnerships with prominent donors, such as USAID, USDOS, USDOL, UNICEF, the World Bank, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Master Card Foundation, Dubai Cares, the Clinton Global Initiative and the Ford Foundation.