SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Technical Director (TD) for the anticipated USAID project Strengthening Technical Assistance and Response (STAR) for sustainable HIV prevention and treatment among key populations. The DCOP/Technical Director will be responsible for the technical oversight of the project and is specifically responsible for ensuring that project implementation is guided by national guidelines and data for sustainable HIV prevention and treatment services for key populations in the country. S/he will take a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation of high impact, best practices and proven interventions and that the project meets stated targets and reporting requirements. The DCOP/TD will take the lead in coordinating program development, implementation and reporting, and will work very closely with Key Population -led organizations. The DCOP/TD reports directly to the COP and in the absence of the COP, will assume overall leadership and management responsibility for the project.
This position is contingent upon USAID funding and approval.
- Oversee the technical management of the project, including day-to-day activities and oversight of sub-recipient activities aimed at reducing the incidence and mitigate the impact of HIV among key populations. Ensure the project is implemented in line with the National Strategic Framework on HIV and AIDS, PEPFAR priorities and international HIV prevention, care and treatment standards.
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team to ensure appropriate measurement of project impact, high quality statutory PEPFAR reporting, and appropriate use of the data for improved HIV prevention, care and treatment among key populations.
- Initiate and facilitate regular technical meetings to review program implementation and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks in order to enhance the quality of deliverables.
- Integrate the latest HIV/AIDS implementation science and state-of-the-art service delivery approaches for key populations and into the project, as feasible and appropriate.
- Document lessons learned and organize learning and sharing opportunities between project and external stakeholders.
- Represent IntraHealth at relevant national level technical working groups.
- Ensure daily operations of overall program implementation activities are on schedule and that reports, plans and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to get the necessary approvals.
- Support COP in compiling and disseminating high-quality reporting in line with USAID and PEPFAR expectations.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field from an accredited institution.
- Five years of experience at a senior level in HIV/AIDS and PEPFAR implementation. Technical knowledge in key populations required.
- At least seven years of experience in managing and implementing complex public health service delivery programs in a development context, with at least five of those years in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Namibia.
- At least five years of experience managing and supervising a technical team and in project design and implementation.
- At least three years in-depth work experience at a mid- or senior level in HIV/AIDS care and treatment. Demonstrated experience in two of the following areas: quality improvement/quality assurance, community health, M&E, or operations research.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government, non-governmental and civil society organizations, donors and other stakeholders, at both national and regional levels.
- Familiarity with Namibian development agenda as well as social and economic situations within the country that affect the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing development of activity budgets, managing activity costs, and monitoring program spending against budget in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural and diverse environment with all levels of stakeholders.
- Namibian citizenship or Permanent residency.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
About the Organization
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1