Purpose of Proposal
The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. USAID/Iraq needs to improve the quality of the Mission’s performance management practices so that monitoring and evaluation become easier, faster, more useful, and more cost-effective.
Summary of Position:
SI seeks a DCOP to support the COP and the PMES activity to improve performance management – to enable the Mission to effectively collect, manage, and use performance information to achieve its development objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for activity’s administration and operations, including personnel management including the field monitors, ensuring proper training for them.
- Assist COP in performance management systems, financial management, and timely completion and submission of all activity deliverables.
- Responsible for day to day supervision of staff and resources of activities under the contract.
- Coordinate work with local subcontractors and evaluation staff.
- Coordinate with the local staff of USAID implementing partners, Central and Regional Iraq Government officials, academics, donors and stakeholders.
- Assist with overseeing and coordinating the staff training and building local capacity for monitoring and evaluation staff and/or subcontractors.
- A minimum of eight years of demonstrated relevant project management experience in developing Countries, highly desirable. Experience in the Middle East is highly desirable.
- An advanced university degree in economics, project management, business/financial management, or a relevant field, and demonstrated relevant professional experience, required.
- Exceptional managerial and operational experience, and preferably experience in supporting complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions are required.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing activity teams that have diverse backgrounds and skills, required.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team, required.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.