Job Description for Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), USAID/RDMA-Laos Microenterprise Development Activity
The World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU), the apex association for global financial cooperatives, seeks a DCOP to support the USAID/RDMA-Laos Microenterprise Development Activity. The purpose of the activity is to provide support to Micro- and Small Enterprises (MSEs) in Laos that will result in increased economic opportunity for poor communities, especially those in rural areas. The activity will also aid development and growth of MSEs by empowering their supplier or producer base. In addition to improving incomes, it is expected that this assistance will increase food security and improve health outcomes in some of Laos’ poorest communities.
Scope of Work:
The DCOP will support the COP in providing overall leadership, management, and general technical direction for the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different component and actors. He/she will focus on achieving the results defined in the contract and will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the activity’s interventions, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting microfinance institutions to improve access to financial services that are tailored to the needs of microenterprises.
- Reducing regulatory, policy, and barriers that limit growth opportunities for microenterprises.
- Building the capacity of microenterprises to improve quality, productivity, and market potential as well as increasing access to new markets.
The DCOP will work closely with the Chief of Party to manage the day-to-day operations of the activity. In absence of the COP, the DCOP assumes responsibility for the activity.
The Ideal Candidate’s Experience:
- Five (5) years of experience or more in managing and implementing multi-faceted private investments, job creation, and agribusiness development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, international development or agricultural sciences is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with approaches to develop microenterprises, as well as approaches to increase access to finance, resolve business enabling environment issues, and strengthen market system and value chain linkages.
- Experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is preferred.
- Experience working in Lao PDR is highly preferred, regional experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are required; Knowledge of local languages is highly desired.
**This position is a Vientiane, Laos-based position
WOCCU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Instructions for applying:
Please email a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com. The subject line for the email should be: Laos Microenterprise Development – [position title].
About the Organization
WOCCU is the apex association for global financial cooperatives with a network of 68,000 institutions in 109 countries reaching 235 million households worldwide and more than $1.4 Trillion (USD) mobilized in savings and shares. Our network of member-owned financial institutions instills a natural trust and spirit of cooperation within communities. Leveraging this platform, WOCCU supports financial markets in growing economies, along with global partners, such as USAID, the UN, and the World Bank by promoting financial inclusion, strengthening institutions as well as providing policy and regulatory support.