Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for a bid for the USAID/Somalia Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MV&R) which will provided support for program-related services to program and technical teams in the USAID/KEA/Somalia Office in Nairobi, Kenya. The contract will comprise multiple, simultaneous Task Orders including: implementing an ongoing monitoring system for funded activities; conducting data quality assessments; supporting performance management; providing logistical, administrative, and facilitation support for technical team meetings with partners or other stakeholders for the purposes of planning, monitoring, evaluating and/or learning; and fielding technical assistance. Hiring for this position is contingent upon contract award.
The DCOP will serve as the overall MV&R IDIQ technical lead. S/he will design and oversee the implementation of evaluations, analyses, designs and assessments, and the full review, revision and maintenance of the Office PMP, Project M&E Plans, and IP M&E Plans. He/she should have experience designing evaluation methodologies, participatory data collection methods, and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations. The DCOP will serve as the lead on annual data quality assessments. This is a Nairobi-based, full-time position with travel to Somalia, as necessary. S/he will provide direct management and supervision to the Nairobi-based MV&R team and oversee Field Supervisors.
- Oversee production and ensure the quality of all assessments, analytical reports, evaluations, and other technical deliverables to USAID.
- Lead and manage the annual data quality assessment process.
- Update the Performance Management Plan and contribute to the development of project log frames and M&E Plans for USAID, in compliance with ADS 203.
- Design and manage collection of baseline data at the intermediate result and task order levels.
- Design and oversee training of USAID staff and implementing partners in performance management concepts and processes; standardization of partner M&E Plans, work plans, and quarterly reports; and verification of partner data quality.
- Advise all implementing partners on the creation of aligned log frames and M&E Plans for their activities.
- Assist technical staff to review and revise the intermediate results in their results frameworks, as necessary, for more effective implementation and monitoring.
- Periodically review and discuss indicators and reporting with implementing partners and activity managers, and help operationalize indicators by assisting USAID technical staff with definitions, data collection, and data analysis.
- Provide technical assistance and training, as needed, for USAID, implementing partners, and government counterpart staff
- At least 5 years of overseas experience in international development designing and managing evaluations, analyses and assessments, including the design of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data verification techniques.
- Prior experience in a high threat environment with strong multi-cultural, inter-personal and supervision skills.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds in the area of monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience developing performance management plans, monitoring project implementation, and verifying data from large development projects.
- A graduate degree in the field of evaluation, international development or a related technical field, or a bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in addition to the required minimum.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking/planning and presentation skills.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.