The DCOP will be responsible for the administrative leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee a sizable long-term team as well as short-term experts in achieving project results. Other responsibilities include:
• Establishing project administrative policies and procedures in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and QED policy.
• Overseeing all financial and administrative matters, including the recruiting and managing of financial and administrative staff
• Serving as the Chief of Party’s advisor on all contractual and financial matters with USAID and subcontractors.
• Evaluating the performance of the program activities and prepare regular progress reports detailing program results against strategic objective and intermediate result indicators
• Recommending to the Chief of Party additional methods of identifying and assessing program impact
• Coordinating the identification, approval, hiring, and mobilization of STTA
• Acting as Chief of Party as necessary.
• An advanced degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics or relevant field.
• Ten years’ experience in overseeing complex development programs, previous USAID project management experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with senior-level host-country counterparts.
• Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex environment.
• Strong training, communications and personnel management skills.
• Ethiopian national strongly preferred
• Fluency in Amharic and English
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. QED has a 20 years history of evidence based development, which includes more than $3.5 billion in programs evaluated and work in 96 countries around the globe. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world.
The Director of Project Management is responsible for leading QED’s Project Management (PM) team and ensuring the successful implementation of all QED projects, including contractual, financial, and operational activities. The Director ensures that QED projects follow all applicable Company and client requirements, and continuously focuses on opportunities to improve internal operations and implement best practices. The Director of Project Management, reporting to the Executive Vice President, is a member of QED’s Management Committee and will work closely with other teams across the Company, including Finance & Accounting, Contracts & Compliance, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Communications, and Information Technology. The Director will also coordinate closely with the Technical Services team to ensure that all operational and technical elements of our programs are effectively managed. The Director will also coordinate with QED’s Business Development (BD) team to oversee the PM team’s support of BD activities.