FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party – Finance, Operations, Compliance for an anticipated five-year USAID Asia: Assistance to Ethnic Tibetans in People’s Republic of China (PRC). The goal of the activity is to improve the utilization of health services by Ethnic Tibetans as well as increase economic opportunities and improve sustainable natural resource management on the Tibetan Plateau.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Deputy Chief of Party – Finance, Operations, Compliance will work under the direction of the Chief of Party. S/he is responsible for financial analysis, planning, and oversight to support effective financial management and implementation of the project. S/he will oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for both the prime and other implementing partners. S/he will provide leadership in comprehensive management of business support, and compliance functions.
- Responsible for the management of funds in such a manner as to maximize operational effectiveness while minimizing risk, and ensures that an adequate control structure is in place over the program funds
- Conduct financial analysis in areas such as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance
- Oversee and audit the work of the finance department, while providing guidance to staff, and will provide leadership in financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessment processes. S/he to ensure that the project is in compliant with USAID regulations, award requirements/conditions, FHI 360 policies and local law
- Oversee financial risk management and control strategies, manage all financial related activities, lead in selection, monitoring and evaluation of finance personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Provide leadership and guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), GAS (Government Auditing Standards), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Bachelor’s Degree required; however a Master’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, Accounting, Development Management, Economics, Public Administration, strongly preferred
- 10 or more years of experience managing finance, operations and compliance for international donor-funded programs, with at least 5 years of experience working with experience in USAID-funded projects
- Minimum of 5 years managing an internal audit, internal fraud investigation or compliance department and employee management is required
- Must have at least ten years of experience in financial management for large projects, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development, with strong experience with funds control, and the ability to monitor fraud and abuse
- Experience working with USAID grants and cooperative agreements
- Must have all necessary computer, software, interpersonal, and analytical skills to ensure financial requirements for a large scale, complex project
- Fluency and proficiency in English are required
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to APROProposal@fhi360.org.
***In the application email, candidates are encouraged to use the subject line: “Deputy Chief of Party – Finance, Operations, and Compliance, USAID AET in PRC”
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.