Dexis is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated five-year Justice and Transparency Project funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, key position based in Guatemala City, Guatemala. The purpose of this project is to strengthen security and justice sector institutions to more effectively and efficiently investigate, prosecute, and adjudicate crime in order to reduce impunity in Guatemala.
This position is contingent upon award.
The Deputy Chief of Party will :
- Work with COP to provide strategic direction, vision and input at a higher level on capacity building for the different partners.
- Serve as a liaison among all program stakeholders, ensuring regular interaction with civil society groups, opinion leaders, members of the international community and other program stakeholders.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, program partners, and key stakeholders.
- Oversee the program, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper detailed component planning, staffing and results-driven implementation.
- Ensure the program is implemented according to its design, quality standards and schedule.
- Ensure that all program deliverables are completed on time and are of high quality.
- Master’s degree preferred in a relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years of management experience with progressively increasing responsibilities managing complex development projects preferred.
- Experience managing complex contracts in complex political settings preferred.
- Recognized commitment to respect for human rights and gender-sensitivity.
- A proven record of fostering partnerships and coordinating project implementation in a complex and dynamic political and international partner donor programming environment.
- Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context(s) in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Experience in Latin America preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish, native Spanish preferred.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.