Position Title: Chief of Party
Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Nigeria, Senegal
ME&A is recruiting a Chief of Party who will be responsible for managing and coordinating USAID monitoring and evaluation IQC Task Orders. The Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of Contract/Task Order, ensuring an integrated vision among different components, and focus on ensuring high quality Contract/Task Order deliverables. S/he will be the principal interlocutor between the evaluation teams and USAID. The Chief of Party will also be very involved in recruiting appropriate teams for the individual Task Orders and ensuring the application of appropriate evaluation and research methodologies and practical applications.
- Provide support services for designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring performance, and applying learning and adaptive management, while ensuring sustainability through building the capacity of USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) staff as well as local stakeholders.
- Support technical teams in their indicator reporting and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) systems on a regular (quarterly/annual) basis will be solely responsible for resolving any organizational conflict of interest issues with its subcontractors
- Support and maintain in the web-based performance data management information system
- Support the Mission in the collection, review, and utilization of geographic information data, using ESRI ArcGIS software
- Advance efforts to build the capacity of local MEL professionals
- Supervise and maintain the Knowledge Management Portal (KaMP)
- Conduct the Population Based Survey on an annual basis
- Host events and bring together MEL professionals from the Mission and IPs among
- other stakeholders, including the annual MEL Conference
- Create partnerships with local MEL businesses and build their institutional capacity so that local firms can provide MEL services to the Mission through this MEL platform
- Other duties as stated in the contract’s scope of work
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Africa based expatriate and staff.
- Work with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Indonesia, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other Contractors on policies and services as directed by the Mission.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including Annual Work Plans and other reports
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least seven years professional experience managing a team conducting data collection, analysis, performance monitoring, or research;
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development studies, economics, international relations, statistics, demography, political science or related fields. While a Master’s Degree is preferred, a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and five additional years of the relevant professional experience noted above may be substituted;
- Demonstrated expertise in indicator development (including context indicators), data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and statistical methods.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated experience to build capacity and train staff in the collection and use of data;
- Demonstrated ability in using monitoring data to review programming, trends, and activity needs and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to respond to new information;
- Substantive experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project management;
- Experience finding and collecting appropriate development data from third party sources;
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) is a plus.
- Minimum a Master’s degree in environmental sciences, policy urban planning, land economics or related field.
- English language proficiency
- Ability to manage and motivate subordinates in a local or international setting
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.