Cardno has operated in Indonesia since 1986, and currently maintains a permanent office in Jakarta as well as project offices in Kupang, Mataram, Jayapura, Manokwari and Surabaya. We have managed projects across a range of sectors (health, governance, education, and law and justice) and clients (USAID, ADB, AusAID, World Bank, and private clients) in Indonesia.
Cardno is currently seeking a qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for a USAID-funded 5-year TB Private Sector Project in Indonesia. The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in providing management oversight through provision of vision, direction and technical implementation of the project’s components. The project will aim to improve TB case detection, treatment and cure across Indonesia and reducing the TB burden of disease in Indonesia through partnering with private providers.
- Support the COP by providing overall supervision of program activities, including management of personnel and subcontractors
- Monitor progress of program objectives to ensure quality control
- Support quality and timely reporting to USAID through monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Contribute to development and implementation of all project activities including work plans and M&E activities
- Contribute to public private partnerships, involving TB initiatives and market systems
- Build technical capacity of staff and provide technical assistance and backstopping when required
- Advanced degree in international health, public health, or related field
- Experience working in health systems strengthening and understanding of the private health sector, market systems, national health insurance, health policy, and private sector supply chain for health care products in Indonesia
- Understanding and experience working on public private partnerships
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills
- Minimum of 7-10 years of managerial and operational experience with donor-funded international development/global health projects in Indonesia or elsewhere in the region
- Demonstrated familiarity and understanding of USG policies and regulations
- Demonstrated experience in working with non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, and private sector companies to yield results toward common goals
- Experience in Indonesia is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fluency in English
- Indonesian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.