Global Communities is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the USAID YouthPower Project. Through funding from USAID/Jordan, USAID YouthPower will empower 20,000 youth in underserved communities throughout Jordan’s 12 governorates. Our goal is to empower to take action and lead their own development. USAID YouthPower/Jordan is an inclusive program, engaging youth from 10 - 29, Jordanian, Syrian, and Palestinian. Our goal is to connect youth to their communities - specifically communities that lack activities for youth. We will empower youth by building their competencies through tailored trainings and mentoring as youth map their communities - gathering data on what does and does not exist, analyzing that data, and designing projects to address gaps in youth-friendly activities and places. Through a grants program, youth will develop proposals and fund ideas that address these gaps. At all stages of the process, youth are in leadership positions, gaining skills in
team-work, critical thinking, and project management. We will also develop a web-based platform to share resources, research, and data during and after project completion.
USAID YouthPower will work in 60 communities with office locations in Amman, Irbid and Ma’an.
Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the DCOP will help provide management, and strong technical support in the implementation of the project.
Specific DCOP responsibilities will include:
* Directly manage program and technical staff and related resources to ensure that the program components are results-oriented, meeting their targets with high-quality deliverables on-time and within budget;
* Manage and oversee all operational aspects of the program, including outreach to all target communities;
* Manage and oversee Components 1 and 2 as well as coordinate with the Innovation Fund Manager on implementation of Component 3;
* Responsible for making sure that activities function smoothly and are well-managed in the absence of the COP.
* At least 10 years of experience in the implementation of donor-funded development projects supporting youth and community development in Jordan, including at least five years in a management position on US Government-funded programs.
* Demonstrated experience managing technical teams and field operations for effective, inclusive outreach to project participants and stakeholders.
* Demonstrated experience working effectively with GOJ institutions and Jordanian NGOs to facilitate project implementation.
* A Bachelor’s degree and advanced proficiency in English, written and spoken, are required.
Jordanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply; no expat allowances are attached to this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.