Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Jordan aimed supporting private sector led economic growth for MSMEs through fostering an enabling environment, strengthening value chains, supporting access to finance and increasing firm productivity.
The DCOP is responsible for supporting the COP in his/her duties of assuring that project goals, objectives, targets and indicators are attained in a timely manner in accordance with the contract terms and is responsible for managing project’s Operations team. The DCOP may be required to lead the process of designing, awarding, and overseeing of grants and local subcontracts and oversee operational and financial performance to ensure smooth implementation of administrative activities, including the budget, contracts, and financial reporting systems. This is a dynamic role responding to project management needs and specific directions from the COP:
- Oversee project operations, including administrative and operational requirements during project start-up.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision and administration of local project staff.
- Help to develop and implement project outreach and communications to counterparts and stakeholders.
- Interact with stakeholders and beneficiaries to begin designing project related activities.
- With the COP assist in setting project goals, objectives, targets and indicators in a timely manner in accordance with the contract terms.
- With the COP assist with the preparation and submission of program deliverables including program reporting as required by the contract.
- Participate in development of the project work plan.
- Participate in development and implementation of a project monitoring and evaluation system that provides credible management information, and effectively measures progress towards program objectives.
- Oversee project operations, including grants management and progress reporting.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience managing donor support projects, USAID experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of operations and compliance with USAID regulations
- Ability to building team capacity, delegating working teams, and developing communities of learning among host country partners and counterparts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional Fluency in English and in Arabic.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.