Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to manage an anticipated USAID women’s economic empowerment project in Jordan. This is a long-term position expected to start in late spring or summer 2020. This position is contingent upon award.
- Work under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in close collaboration with project administrative, financial, and technical staff. The DCOP will be directly responsible for the timely provision and delivery of quality technical deliverables to support project implementation.
- Assist the Government of Jordan’s (GOJ’s) efforts to combat gender-based violence and trafficking in persons
- Support for the GOJ’s efforts to combat the sexual exploitation of girls in the form of early child and seasonal marriages.
- Lead community awareness-raising activities to reduce public acceptance of early child and seasonal marriages.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, economics, international development, or other relevant discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience implementing development activities
- At least 5 years’ experience leading technical teams and activities for large-scale (>$25 million) donor-funded projects
- Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with government officials, private sector actors, and other stakeholders
- Ability to serve as acting Chief of Party in his/her absence
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
- Relevant experience in Jordan
- Prior experience with USAID
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.