FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID/Jordan Enterprise Support Activity (JESA). The purpose of JESA is to support private sector-led economic growth for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through fostering an enabling environment, strengthening value chains, supporting access to finance and increasing firm productivity.
The JESA DCOP reports to and provides back-up and support to the COP. S/he is the Acting COP when the COP is absent and is the project’s secondary point of contact to USAID and to government ministries. The DCOP provides technical leadership, strategic guidance, and oversight for the technical areas of competitiveness, business enabling environment, and utilization of financing, while also supporting cross-cutting themes of gender and social inclusion, capacity building, government relationship management and coordination, and other strategic project activities. S/he will work alongside technical specialists in developing strategic partnerships with GOJ ministries, other USAID-funded projects, civil society actors, and the private sector. S/he will work in close collaboration with senior finance and administrative staff to ensure that activities are implemented on schedule and within budget.
The position will be resident-based in Amman, Jordan. Employment is contingent upon successful award of the JESA project to FHI 360, as well as USAID approval of the finalist.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of project activities related to competitiveness, business enabling environment, and access to finance
- Work with technical leads and overall project team to develop Annual Work Plans, monthly and quarterly progress reports, and manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Manage and support technical staff and local and international STTAs to achieve goals and ensure completion of programs on schedule and within budget
- Work with technical specialists in developing strategic partnerships with GOJ ministries, other USAID-funded projects, NGOs, and the private sector
- Maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts, implementing partners’ technical staff, and other FHI 360 departments and projects
- Coordinate and work with external donors/clients on technical issues, while serving as a representative for the organization
- Provide guidance, training, and mentorship to staff on different aspects related to their professional development and to achieve project goals
- Work in close collaboration with senior finance and administrative staff to ensure that activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
- Serve as back-up to the COP, work as Acting COP in the COP’s absence, and support COP in donor requested tasks and deliverables
- Serve as secondary POC for FHI 360 with USAID/Jordan representatives
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred), or its international equivalent, in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Administration, or International Business
- 10 years of professional work experience, assuming increasing responsibilities and management functions
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in successfully implementing economic growth interventions that have resulted in increased competitiveness and growth
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse teams and working collaboratively across teams
- Demonstrated experience in using analytical tools to identify comparative and competitive advantages for targeted localities
- Demonstrated experience in brokering private partnerships preferred
- Experience relevant to accomplishment of the cross-cutting objectives that include gender and youth
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English required
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team on activities of similar scale (similar budget size, staff size, scope of activities, etc.)
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.