Kosovar Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to support an anticipated bid in Kosovo: Kosovo Preventing Youth Violent Extremism opportunity. This is a full-time position.
The DCOP will oversees implementation, logistics, and management of sub-awardees, and builds government relations. Serves as acting COP when needed. This position requires senior management experience.
- Relevant degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Prior experience working on programs on preventing youth violent extremism, peacebuilding, conflict mitigation/management, and/or youth development programs is desired;
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and experience supervising teams of diverse staff;
- Previous experience working in Kosovo and/or the Balkans is highly desired
- Experience working effectively with government officials, non-government partners, and USAID and/or other donors.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and experience supervising teams of diverse staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; required
- Prior experience working in official languages in Kosovo (Albanian and Serbian); strongly preferred.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org