Counterpart International is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to support the anticipated Collaborative and Civic Orgnaizing in the Kyrygz Republic, which seeks toenable horizontal and vertical networks of individuals and organizations to advocate for and bring about change across issues that resonate with local communities and increase government responsiveness and accountability in the Kyrgyz Republic. This is a full-time position. Kyrgyz Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The DCOP will oversee implementation, logistics, and management of sub-awardees and build government relations. Serves as acting COP when needed. This position requires senior management experience.
- Relevant degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused government accountability, civil society strengthening, and civic engagement, preferably in the Kyrgyz Republic and/or Central Asia;
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and experience supervising teams of diverse staff;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advanced, complex, politically sensitive activities;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Prior experience working in official languages in the Kyrgyz Republic (Russian and Kyrgyz) strongly preferred.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org