Job DescriptionRTI’s International Education Division is supporting education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice in order to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning. From our well-established reputation in education system strengthening, to innovative work in early grade assessment and learning, RTI is improving education quality, relevance and efficiency through implementation of projects funded by USAID, DFID, DFAT and other donors and clients.
The International Education Division is currently accepting applications for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded five-year project to improve reading outcomes of children in the early grades of public school in Liberia. This is a full-time position with residency in Monrovia, Liberia.
The DCOP will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party in all operational and management aspects of the project, serving as second in command in the Chief of Party•s absence.
- Support the Chief of Party in managing administrative personnel, as well as subcontractors in the implementation of a large, complex activity to improve the reading skills of Liberian students in the early grades of public schools.
- Ensure overall financial and compliance support to the project.
- Initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for general operations of the finance and compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Identifies potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk, and develops or implements corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues.
- Ensure proper financial documentation and reporting, establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
- Institute and maintain an effective finance and compliance training program for the project. •
- Serve as Acting Chief of Party during any absence of the Chief of Party.
- Serve as RTI•s alternate liaison to USAID, government counterparts, local organizations, and program partners when COP is unavailable. Ensures a high level of communication and close working relationships with USAID.
- Assist the Chief of Party to ensure timely project implementation and technical reliability, monitor project activities, and ensure quality.
- Coordinate and oversee the operation of other project field offices, and will liaise with the home office as needed for regular project updates.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Master•s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or its equivalent.
• 8 years of experience in financial and educational operations
• 8 years of experience supporting education systems strengthening.
• Demonstrated project and personnel management skills.
• Knowledgeable and experienced with international development contracting policies and procedures, specifically USAID.
• Familiarity with international development systems, policies, finances and management in developing countries.•
• Ability to build consensus and demonstrated ability to recruit and develop high performing teams; demonstrated ability to manage international and national staff.•
• Experience and demonstrated capacity to build and sustain partnerships to achieve development results.
• Excellent communication skills and ability (verbal and written).
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability.
• Fluency in English.•
About the OrganizationIDG International Education