FHI 360 is seeking candidates for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to provide overall strategic and technical leadership to an anticipated USAID-funded, five-year health systems strengthening (HSS) project in Liberia. Serving as a member of the senior management team, the DCOP supports the COP to lead and oversee the technical activity implementation. The position will be based in Monrovia and is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ensures high technical standards are used to guide the technical and programmatic design and implementation of work plans and activities
- Provides leadership to the technical team, overseeing technical and programmatic aspects, including planning and implementation of the project
- Supervises senior technical staff
- Ensures clarity over plans and priorities and promotes effective team-work
- Leads the preparation of the annual work plans, budgets, and progress reports in a timely fashion for submission to USAID
- Guarantees the efficient and effective use of the resources to reach the desired results of the project; monitors the work plans, budgets, and finances, in accordance with USAID and FHI 360 requirements
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the local USAID Mission, the Ministry of Health counterparts, and FHI 360 headquarters
- Maintains strong working relationships with project staff, subcontractors, and external stakeholders
- Master’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred
- At least eight years of senior-level professional experience in managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of health policy and administration, service delivery models, health management, assessment of health systems, and supervision of activities and teams
- At least five years of professional experience in managing USAID and/or international development organization projects and staff; experience managing USAID contracts preferred
- Proven experience in successful implementation of programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and decentralized government levels
- Specific technical expertise in at least one health systems strengthening technical area (e.g., health financing, health management information systems, human resources for health, supply chain, quality improvement, leadership & governance, etc.).
- Proven experience in USAID programmatic and financial regulations and reporting per USAID guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of local language will be an advantage
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Liberia strongly desired
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.