Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Deputy Chief of Party position for the USAID-funded Liberia Land Governance Support Activity (LGSA). LGSA supports the establishment of more effective land governance systems to implement comprehensive reforms to: improve equitable access to land and security of tenure for all, facilitate inclusive sustained growth and development, ensure peace and security, and provide sustainable management of the environment. LGSA is comprised of four components: Component 1; strengthen the policy, legal and regulatory framework for land governance. Component 2; improvement of human and institutional capacity for land governance. Component 3; conduct action research to support provisions of the land rights policy and land rights law. Component 4; strengthen civil society, private sector, and citizen engagement in land governance.
The position is based in Monrovia, Liberia, for at least two years. Application deadline: February 1st, 2017. Internal applicants must consult with their immediate supervisors prior to an application and need only submit an updated CV and a brief cover letter for consideration.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the DCOP will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project financial, administrative, compliance and grants, procurement and subcontracts support to the execution of the LGSA project.
The following qualifications are required for the Deputy Chief of Party:
*A minimum of 10 years of demonstrable experience managing the administrative and financial aspects of development projects.
*Proficiency in financial management, including budgeting, accounting, and grants management.
*Prior experience recruiting and supervising host-country staff.
*Experience overseeing the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans.
*Ability to serve as the acting COP in the COP’s absence.
The following qualifications are desirable for the Deputy Chief of Party:
*Project related experience in sub-Saharan Africa.
*Experience designing, managing, and/or implementing projects focused on land and natural resource governance, land tenure and property rights, or a related area (potentially including but not limited to: democracy, human rights and governance and natural resource management).
* Provide leadership, supervise and mentor local administrative and financial staff to effect sound project management, fiscal and administrative due diligence and the development of organizational and individual capacities.
* Identify and implement changes in administrative and financial policies and procedures that will enhance the cost effectiveness of program implementation.
* Execute operational planning/budgeting procedures and tools outlined in Tetra Tech ARD’s Standard Operating Procedures that require technical units to provide adequate advance notice of support needs to financial, administrative, logistical, HR, and procurement units.
* Assist the COP to arrange technical and administrative support for short-term consultants and contractors.
* Ensure compliance of project operations with USAID, and Tetra Tech ARD Home Office administrative policies and guidelines.
* Mentor and support monitoring and evaluation, communications and outreach and gender staff in their day to day project activities and planning.
* Support implementation efforts throughout Liberia when requested by the COP.
* Respond to pertinent information requests from project partners and other relevant organizations/institutions.
* Administer and manage the efficient utilization and maintenance of project resources, including vehicles, IT and office equipment and furnishings, and any other physical assets purchased by or assigned to the project.
* Advise the COP on all policy matters concerning project administration and financial management.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/2dpHDnj
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.