FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Deputy Chief of Party of MADANI Civil Society Support Initiative, a five-year, USAID-funded civil society strengthening project in Indonesia that started in March 2019. The project focuses on capacity development of civil society organizations to increase government accountability and communal tolerance in 32 districts in six provinces in Indonesia.
Indonesian nationals are especially encouraged to apply.
The DCOP supports the Chief of Party in overseeing project implementation and provides technical and management leadership to the overall project. S/he represents the project to external stakeholders including government officials and donors and supervises project staff to ensure that project activities are completed in a timely manner and are of high technical quality. The Deputy Chief of Party is based in Jakarta, Indonesia and s/he must be willing to travel to other provinces as required.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Master’s degree in international development, public administration, law, sociology or other related fields;
- Minimum 7 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects with a minimum of 15 years working on development activities with donors, Iocal civil society organizations, and/or private sector foundations;
- Demonstrated experience with USG program monitoring and evaluation activities and at least 5 years of experience with USG development programs, including USAID.
- Demonstrated experience required in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for
- the successful implementation of programs required;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.