Job DescriptionDeputy Chief of Party/Nutrition Team Lead
We are seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/Nutrition Team Lead for our USAID Feed the Future Livestock Production for Improved Nutrition Project. The project seeks to impact rural household nutrition by improving the utilization of livestock products, and food security. The DCOP/Nutrition Team Lead has to develop synergies between components, and ensure that activities address priorities related to increasing livestock productivity, improving access of households to diverse and quality food, and improving nutrition - related behaviors of households. S/he will work closely with the COP to develop a constant feedback loop between the M&E Team and the technical implementation teams, ensuring the roll-out of a result based management approach. S/he will also lead the nutrition focused activities for the project.
- Support the Chief of Party in attaining project goals and objectives by providing technical advice, direction and administrative oversight.
- Address priorities related to increasing livestock productivity, improving access of households to diverse and quality food, and improving nutrition-related behaviors of households.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for nutrition-focused initiatives.
- Contribute to the cross-cutting goals of the program (i.e. gender and climate change).
- Nurture and manage relationships with key public and private partners. Work closely with partner teams to get their assigned activities in time.
- Ensure effective cooperative agreement management, reporting, communications and relationship management with USAID. Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables.
- Assist in preparation of periodic written and oral reports work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents to USAID and ACDI/VOCA Headquarters. Review of all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis.
- A minimum educational qualification of a Master’s degree in Nutrition or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 12 years or more of work experience in managing and implementing nutrition related activities with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the public and private institutions in Bangladesh relevant to this project.
- Must have demonstrated managerial, administrative, reporting, and representational skills.
- Ability to establish a broad variety of professional relationships in the project’s interests.
- Have a record of achieving project objectives in a context of similar scope and challenges.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Bangla is required.
- Should have long-term commitment to work in Bangladesh.
- Demonstrated expertise to enhance nutrition related social and behavior change communication by encouraging rural HHs to increase intake of animal protein (milk and meat).
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Ability to work in partnership with local communities, Government, private livestock institutions and NGOs as appropriate.
- Awareness, sensitivity and understanding of cross-cultural issues particularly in representing a US- based organization.
About the Organization
ACDI/VOCA is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes broad-based economic growth and the development of civil society in emerging democracies and developing countries. Offering a comprehensive range of technical assistance services, ACDI/VOCA addresses the most pressing and intractable development problems. Driven by the goal of adding value to local enterprise, which underlies prosperity and stability, ACDI/VOCA works in five main practice areas: * Agribusiness * Enterprise Development * Financial Services * Community Development * Food Security The ACDI/VOCA Difference ACDI/VOCA has a proven record of development success dating back more than 45 years. This experience coupled with operational integrity, technical expertise and the ability to operate at scale means that clients and partners can always expect positive results from ACDI/VOCA. ACDI/VOCA is also distinguished by its: * identity as a nonprofit that means business * proficiency at grassroots, self-help organizing * private sector and market orientation * dedication to beneficiary gains in income, jobs and savings * leadership in value chain approaches to enterprise development * legacy of lasting institutions and organizations * vast talent bank * experience working on a regional/global scale * network of U.S. and international partners * systems approach to technical solutions and operations * grants-management capacity * cutting-edge approaches to fragile/failing states, trade capacity building, public-private partnership, information and communications technology and integrated HIV/AIDS programming * experience with large indefinite quantity contracts (IQCs)