The USAID-funded Municipal Governance Project – a five-year project that aims to strengthen decentralization and local government capacity in El Salvador – is seeking to hire a Deputy Chief of Party – Operations (DCOP). The DCOP (Operations) will support the general and financial management of this Project, including the grants program. S/he will report to and work closely with the COP to make sure that program operations are efficient, effective, high-quality, and compliant with all USAID regulations.
- Demonstrated Project Management Experience: A minimum of 6 years of international development project management experience, preferably with some experience in the Latin American region, with proven ability to oversee day-to-day financial management and contract compliance; manage and supervise administrative project staff; manage local subcontractors and consultants; coordinate project reporting and share results and successes; and supervise procurement and grants staff.
- Knowledge of US and El Salvador government policies, labor and financial procedures, and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated Leadership and Communications skills: Capacity to manage and support project staff and to establish professional and collaborative relationships with project staff, counterparts, the Contractor’s Home Office, and partners.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) in Spanish (proficiency in English preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Degree: A Bachelor’s Degree in political science, international development, law, public administration, public policy, economics, or related fields; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Capacity to respond efficiently to last minute requests to process administrative issues.
About the Organization
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development (ID), a division within Louis Berger, offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development.