Creative seeks a Deputy Chief of Party / Operations (DCOP/O) for an upcoming USAID/OTI-funded project focusing on countering violent extremism in northern Mozambique. The DCOP/O will manage the day-to-day operations and administration, to include project procurements, operational systems, and logistics, and will be expected to travel frequently to Maputo and throughout northern Mozambique.
Reporting and Supervision:
The DCOP/O will report to the Chief of Party.
- The DCOP/O will be responsible for all operations including but not limited to administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial, and property;
- The DCOP/O will ensure that program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the SOW. This will include monitoring grantee worthiness, ensuring that all procurement processes are perceived as transparent by beneficiary communities, assuring fair and transparent procurement processes, review of financial management, and monitoring grant implementation;
- S/he will assure that the most reasonable, fair, expeditious, and appropriate procurement choices were made pursuant to the Contractor Procurement Guide;
- S/he will supervise the Contractor’s day-to-day field presence in the areas of operations (including the project’s facilities such as office space, equipment and project vehicles), administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting and financial accounting;
- S/he will supervise the daily financial operations of the contract, which include cash flow management, time sheet recording, reporting to USAID/OTI on the financial aspects of the project, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures;
- S/he will also ensure continuous liquidity for the project; handle all human resource issues; supervise the day-to-day implementation of all grants made under the program; and investigate and identify new ways of achieving project efficiencies; and
- S/he will coordinate with the Contractor’s Home Office on all compliance issues, seeking legal and policy guidance on sanctions and other applicable restrictions.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience including working on donor-funded projects in a related role and with some demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Experience with a donor, contractor, or international NGO managing an office or program highly desired, but not required;
- Experience working in developing countries is required, preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment;
- Experience with remote management in transition environments highly desired, but not required;
- Experience in Mozambique and/or other Southern and/or East African countries undergoing transition highly desired, but not required;
- It is highly desired, but not required that the candidate have experience with grants or small grants under contract programs, and preferably cash grants to local organizations;
- The candidate should be fluent in the Contractor’s and USAID’s policies and procedures in regards to human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes, systems, and grants management;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out;
- Ability and willingness to travel to areas in Northern Mozambique as required by the project;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrated working proficiency in Portuguese (highly desired) and/or Spanish is required.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.