Deputy Chief of Party, Operations (DCOP) -Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO) Program
The USAID-funded Clean Cities, Blue Ocean project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting applications expressions of interest for a Deputy Chief of Party.
CCBO is USAID’s flagship program to respond to the global crisis of marine plastic pollution, designed to target marine plastics pollution directly at its source in cities and towns, specifically in rapidly urbanizing areas throughout many low- and middle-income countries. While our staff are currently working remotely, this position will be based in Rosslyn, Virginia and candidates will be expected to report there once in-person operations resume.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (“COP”) and in coordination and collaboration with the Home Office Project Management Team (PMT), project technical staff, the DCOP Operations will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project financial, administrative, compliance and grants, procurement and subcontracts support to the execution of the Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO) project.
* Direct the activities of the Operations team to ensure the efficient functioning of the Operations team, which both establishes and oversees the field operations of CCBO including offices in Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Sri Lanka/Maldives, and Peru; and partnerships in Dominican Republic.
* Directly supervise all CCBO Operations staff in the US including those in charge of finance, administration, and grants and to ensure the quality of their work and provide expert advice as needed to troubleshoot operational challenges; indirectly supervise all field office operations staff to ensure all offices are adhering to client and Tetra Tech policies and procedures.
* Coordinate with HO PMT on CCBO financial management. Specifically, support the process of country—level and overall project budget updates and budget performance monitoring, development of projections as well as quarterly and annual targets, as well as the detailed review of monthly invoices.
* Coordinate with HO PMT to ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations as well as Tetra Tech policy and procedures.
* In coordination with the HO PMT and COP, liaise with USAID/Washington’s Contracting Officer (CO) and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) regarding CCBO implementation issues.
* Ensure compliance with Tetra Tech’s filing policy by overseeing the project team to maintain filing system for CCBO including compliance information, correspondence, procurement, HR and other program files.
* Assist the COP in the general management of the CCBO project.
* Ensure compliance of CCBO Project operations with USAID, focal country Government and USAID Mission staff in Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka/Maldives, Indonesia, Peru and Dominican Republic, and Tetra Tech Home Office administrative policies and guidelines.
* Lead the provision of contracting support for all local subcontractors to be hired, including counseling technical team members on the appropriate contract structure to be pursued, preparation of full RFP documents, undertaking of the bidding process, and ensuring field teams have the capacity required to successfully manage subcontractors.
* Support operations staff and in-country personnel with procurement of equipment and supplies required for the successful implementation of the CCBO project, consistent with all relevant USG/USAID and Tetra Tech policies and procedures
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or relevant field. Master’s Degree preferred.
* Minimum ten (10) years of escalating responsibility and experience managing USAID contracts or other complex programs. Prefer previous international experience and direct supervision of a team.
*Strong background in contracts management, finance, and procurement processes including experience working with geographically dispersed teams; Relevant experience managing complex budgets.
* Strong financial and project management skills; Excellent intercultural communication skills; Excellent information management skills, with very strong attention to detail and understanding of requirements; Ability to organize work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members; High level of proficiency in MS Office applications.
* Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Fluency in another language of the CCBO portfolio countries would be beneficial (e.g., Spanish).
*Excellent people skills, good problem solver, aware of and able to navigate around cultural differences.
*U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/3qJFapM
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.