Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – Operations position on an anticipated USAID-funded program in South Sudan.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the South Sudan Gender Aware Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Activity (GASWASH) is to expand gender-sensitive sustainable access to basic safe drinking water, basic sanitation coverage, and increase uptake of key hygiene behaviors to improve health and household resilience in accordance with USAID’s South Sudan strategy. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in close coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the DCOP-Operations will provide management, administrative, and security leadership to the GASWASH program and will ensure compliance with Tetra Tech and USAID’s policies and procedures. The DCOP-Operations will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project financial, administrative, safety and security, compliance and grants, procurement and subcontracts support to the execution of the project. S/he will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program finance and operations in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments as required.
* Provide leadership to, supervise and mentor administrative, operations and financial staff to effect sound project management, fiscal and administrative due diligence, and the development of organizational and individual capacities;
*Ensure compliance of project operations with USAID, and Tetra Tech Home Office administrative policies and guidelines;
* Identify and implement changes to administrative and financial policies and procedures that will enhance cost effectiveness and program implementation;
* Execute operational planning/budgeting procedures and tools outlined in Tetra Tech’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
* Advise the COP on all policy matters concerning project administration, security, and financial management;
* Assist the COP in the recruitment, hiring, and contracting of local staff, consultants, and contractors, arranging technical and administrative support as necessary;
* Respond to pertinent information requests from project partners and other relevant organizations/institutions;
* Administer and manage the efficient utilization and maintenance of project resources and property, including vehicles, IT and office equipment and furniture, and any other physical assets purchased by or assigned to the project in accordance with USAID and Tetra Tech Home Office guidelines and regulations;
* Direct all aspects of the project financial accounting system, including managing cash flow, tracking expenditures relevant to operating budget, reconciling bank records, and preparing and reconciling monthly financial and bank account reports;
* Assist the COP in preparing local budget projections;
* Oversee and supervise the procurement of goods and services, vendor and contractual payments, and awarding of grants consistent with USAID regulations and Tetra Tech Home Office policies and procedures;
* Assist in the preparation of work plans, budgets, and procurement plans;
* Manage project information and communication technology to ensure information is broadly available and shared within the project, partners, collaborators, USAID, and Tetra Tech Home Office;
* Oversee the maintenance of strict security protection for Tetra Tech IT systems
and equipment, including the use of log-in names and passwords;
* Manage reporting and investigation of all incidents related to security of operations and safety of staff and program consultants;
* Monitor security conditions, participate in HO-based security trainings and maintain up-to-date security and emergency plans, as well as evacuation procedures;
* Responsible for managing the safety and security contract.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field such as business administration, financial management, public administration, international development or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred;
* At least two years of COP or four years of experience as DCOP of Operations and/or Director of Finance & Administration (DAF) experience on a USAID contract, or equivalent;
* Proficiency in Tetra Tech internal project management systems preferred;
* Knowledge and experience of USAID and/or other international donor rules and regulations;
* Experience overseeing large teams and multiple program areas simultaneously, including contract management and compliance; Human Resources (HR), team management, hiring, training and supervision of local personnel; financial management including budgeting, tracking, reporting and accounting of finances and procurement; procurement and inventory management; security implementation in high-risk countries, grants and subcontracts management, and logistics among others;
* Experience overseeing project security in high-risk countries strongly preferred;
* Demonstrated history of providing deliverables on time and within budget;
* Fluency in written and oral English required; knowledge of Arabic a plus;
* Demonstrated effective communication skills and especially strong interpersonal skills with government, civil society, and private sector stakeholders;
* Previous experience in South Sudan and/or East or Sub-Saharan highly preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.