For over 40 years, FHI 360 has built the capacity of individuals, communities, and governments to address the needs of vulnerable populations. In more than 60 countries, our work is grounded in research and evidence, and our staff and experts have developed partnerships to support programs in education, economic growth, monitoring and evaluation, peacebuilding and countering violent extremism (CVE), positive youth development, technology and innovation, and health access and services. Our integrated approaches across a broad set of disciplines and countries helps develop customized responses to complex challenges addressing multiple aspects of people’s lives. We are currently seeking qualified Deputy Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Youth Activity.
The anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity will be designed to work with the Government of the Philippines to support improved basic education and life skills for vulnerable youth. The activity outcomes will include improved literacy, life and employability skills; strengthened local capacity to deliver education and training service delivery; and strengthened youth leadership and engagement.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party in overseeing project implementation and will provide technical and management leadership to the overall project. S/he will represent the project to external stakeholders including government officials and donors and will supervise project staff to ensure that project activities are completed in a timely manner and are of high technical quality. The position will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Requires a master’s degree in a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
- Minimum 7 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects with a minimum of 15 years working on development activities with donors, education institutions, and/or private sector foundations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Demonstrated expertise in education, workforce development, and youth development;
- Demonstrated experience required in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs required;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance required.
- Fluency in English required, Tagalog preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.