Deputy Chief of Party,
Delivering Effective Government for Competitiveness and
Inclusive Growth (DELIVER) Activity
DAI seeks a DCOP for an anticipated 5 year USAID Philippines Delivering Effective Government for Competitiveness and Inclusive Growth (DELIVER) Activity, which seeks to strengthen Philippine government functions and improve government capacity needed to advance the country’s international competitiveness and boost overall trade and investment, with particular focus on small and medium enterprises (SME). This will be done through (a) improving fiscal performance, (b) facilitating infrastructure provision, and (c) boosting the productivity of the SME sector. The Activity will be based in Manila.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) and provide overall day-to-day management and coordination of project technical and administrative personnel and functions, including ensuring that appropriate technical and financial reporting requirements are met. He or she should have appropriate levels of complementary expertise, professional and work experience to support the COP and coherent and effective program coordination and operations, and possess the relevant management, communication, and interpersonal skills to fulfill this role.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project management;
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, finance, public administration or related area;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Philippines political economy, including national, regional, provincial and local perspectives;
- At least five years of working experience in the Philippines, or a country with similar context;
- Experience with USAID projects or activities in conflict-affected environments strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities necessary to develop, articulate and implement a vision for the project;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with staff and partners in diverse cultural and geographical settings;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID approaches and regulations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Tagalog;
About the Organization
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.