SCOPE OF WORK
Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability Project (IGPA)
Deputy Chief Of Party - Programs
The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, will work with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
- Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
- Improve public financial management
- Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
- Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
Purpose: The Deputy Chief of Party - Programs will be responsible for overall technical program management, providing leadership to attain objectives, ensuring close communications with USAID, the Chief of Party and local stakeholders, and identifying and mitigating program risks. He/She must have a deep understanding of activity goals and objectives and be able to articulate the strategic vision of the program. He/She will oversee long-term expatriate and local staff, and short-term experts in achieving project results.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Deputy Chief of Party - Programs will be responsible for the below tasks:
- Program Development
- Ensure all program technical activities are cohesive and mutually supportive
- Assist in identifying issues and risks related to program implementation and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Offer technical assistance and guidance as appropriate to achieve IGPA program targets
- Program Implementation
- Make key decisions and solve problems in short time frames while ensuring responsibility for program technical integrity.
- Provide senior oversight of activities – ensuring appropriate design, procedurally correct development, sound implementation, active monitoring and evaluation, and timely closing.
- Submit timely, high-quality technical deliverables to USAID and DAI
- Liaise with key program stakeholders.
- Represent IGPA at meetings and gatherings as requested by USAID.
- Supervise Objective Leads
- 15 years or more of demonstrated experience successfully managing integrated and adaptive local governance programming in conflict or post-conflict environments.
- A Master’s degree in public administration or a related field.
- Expertise in areas such as public administration, organizational development, citizen engagement, gender mainstreaming, strategic planning, municipal assessments, service delivery improvement, financial management, and the development of standard operating procedures
- Demonstrated management, leadership, political acumen, and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Able to speak, read and write fluently in English
- Preference for fluent Arabic Speakers
- Extensive international professional networks
- Able to recruit and supervise Iraqi and expatriate experts
Location and Reporting:
The Deputy Chief of Party - Programs will be based in Baghdad, Iraq and will report to the Chief of Party.