Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for the USAID-funded Sri Lanka Energy Activity. The Activity seeks to support Sri Lanka’s energy sector’s transformation to a clean, secure, and market-driven sector by mobilizing investment in the deployment of advanced energy systems, enhancing power system flexibility, and increasing competitiveness that supports U.S. strategic interests in growing private sector engagement in the Indo-Pacific Region to create investment opportunities for U.S. companies. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Serve as an integral member of the project’s senior management team and serve as a lead role in the design and technical implementation of project activities
- Provide technical leadership for and overall supervision of field staff and liaise with project subawardees
- Manage technical activities and broad project implementation
- Serve as the acting chief of party with responsibility for technical project implementation and management as directed
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the chief of party related to the nature of the project
- Other tasks as required to achieve the activity objectives and expected results
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience and understanding in relevant technical areas
- Minimum 5 years’ project and staff management experience
- Experience in Sri Lanka or Southeast Asia
- Excellent organizational skills and written and verbal communications
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Sinhalese preferred
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application to SLEnergyRecruit@chemonics.com by January 27, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.