FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) makes manages the various technical components of the program, including subcontracts. The DCOP provides technical leadership in assuring high quality higher education and post-secondary level vocational training opportunities to equip Afghans with knowledge and skills needed to meaningfully contribute to the workforce. He or she is responsible for management of the technical activities and implementation of the project. He/she ensures that program components are results-oriented, ensures high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting. This individual will have a major focus on achieving results in all areas, providing high-level technical guidance to all reading activities, and ensuring synergies and cohesion between the various result areas described above. This individual shall participate and engage in technical meetings and maintain positive relationships with officials, partners, and implementing partners. The DCOP will, at times, act as the Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP.
- A minimum of a master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in the education field preferred.
- At least ten years’ experience with technical and/or operational issues related to education, distance learning, vocational and tertiary education, policy development, partnership engagement with private sector higher education institutions and faculty professional development programs.
- Must have at least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of senior professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract management.
- Experience organizing and conducting trainings and workshops for higher education alliances required.
- Experience overseeing design and development of academic degree programs required.
- A strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Demonstrated experience scaling up activities of similar scope, in a context similar to Afghanistan
- Strong writing and communication abilities are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English required; fluency in Pashto and Dari preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360’s Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.