Job DescriptionRTI International seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Operations candidates to support the anticipated USAID-funded Tanzania Multi-Sectoral Nutrition (MSN) activity. The purpose of the Tanzania Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity is to intensify and integrate nutrition support to targeted regions to improve the nutritional status of women of reproductive age, especially pregnant and lactating women, adolescents, and children under five. This Activity will enhance the Recipient•s capacity to provide technical support to the Government of Tanzania (GOT) agencies and other partners to implement multi-sectoral nutrition interventions, in line with the GOT•s National Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Action Plan.• The project will achieve this through a) Strengthened multi-sectoral coordination for improved nutrition at the local government level; b) Improved health, nutrition, caregiving, and WASH behaviors; and c) Increased access and availability of diverse, safe, and nutritious foods.
The Deputy Chief of Party, Operations (DCOP) will provide operational management in coordination with the Chief of Party (COP) and other members of the project leadership team.• S/he will ensure quality and timely operational support for program activities, and lead reporting activities for the project. The DCOP will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party in all technical, operational and management aspects of the project, serving as second in command in the Chief of Party•s absence.
- Ensure quality and timely operational support for program activities, and lead reporting activities for the project.
- Responsible for the oversight of the finance and administration, human resources, IT, communications, and grants management functions; supporting operational activities to effectively be implemented.
- Oversee the intersection of contract, budget, and technical work, engaging appropriate RTI contract and finance staff as needed.
- Lead the development of annual work plans, performance milestone plans, and associated budgeting.• Support the USAID review and approval process, with close collaboration with the COP.
- Ensure the timely and quality reporting of all program technical and financial deliverables in accordance with USAID guidelines. Works closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation team and technical areas to ensure that deliverables are submitted to USAD in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated, interfacing with USAID as needed.
- Ensure that contractual and internal approval requirements (e.g., waivers, approval memos) are met, and prepare justifications supporting these actions in coordination with project leadership and business support groups.
- Monitor budget analyses/reports and project cost reports/invoices against contract requirements, implementation progress and general cost reasonability; alert management team to necessary contractual or management actions based on that review (e.g., LOE or line item reallocation, need to improve T&M contract performance, etc.).
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, and management of consultants and subcontractors; perform the actions necessary to initiate appropriate contractual mechanisms.
- • Bachelor•s Degree in relevant social science or related field and 12 years of work experience; or Master•s Degree in relevant social science or related field and 9 years of related work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of operation management experience in support of large scale international development programs; nutrition, public health, or agriculture specific experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with international development contracting policies and procedures, specifically USAID.
- Ability to build consensus and demonstrated ability to develop high performing teams.
- Strong ability to work across technical and operational areas within business group and corporate.
- Strong communication, both oral and written, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop excellent relations with donor officials and key local stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Fluency in English required.•
About the OrganizationIDG Food & Agriculture