Creative is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – Technical for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Pakistan. The Pakistan Youth Development Project (PYDP) will focus on preparing youth for workforce participation by providing them with educational opportunities and supporting them in identifying employment or entrepreneurial opportunities. The DCOP – Technical is responsible for overseeing all programmatic and technical aspects of the program.
Reporting & Supervision:
The DCOP – Technical reports to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Prepare youth for workforce participation (employment or entrepreneurship) by focusing education assistance on skills acquisition and civic engagement.
- Support youth as they emerge from training programs to identify employment opportunities or pursue entrepreneurial ventures to improve livelihoods, reduce the prospect of economic marginalization, serve as role models for other youth, and contribute to Pakistan’s economic growth.
- Supervise the activity development staff and other staff involved in activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Ensure appropriate implementation of program strategy;
- Ensure procedures are established and complied with for activity development, activity worthiness, activity implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation and closing;
- Serve as the COP primary point of contact for current information about the status of activity design and implementation;
- Identify program opportunities and potential local partners;
- Act as the COP when s/he is absent from the program; and
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in education, TVET, public/business administration, international relations, other social sciences, or a similar relevant field from an accredited university;
- At least seven (7) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this activity is required (at least two of these years must be in a high-level management/leadership position) including experience in conflict-affected environments;
- Familiarity with U.S. Government policies and procedures. Previous DCOP experience preferred;
- History of operating in insecure environments is necessary. Prior experience in designing and implementing economic growth programs in the region is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated expertise in youth employability issues, and enterprise development. Proven capability to design and implement business-led partnerships in youth employment;
- The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English and Urdu; and
- Experience with managing highly decentralized programs is preferred.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.