Creative Associates International (Creative) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party- Technical (DCOP- Tech) for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt’s Skilled Workforce activity. The DCOP- Tech will work in concert with the Chief of Party (COP), providing programmatic management, design and implementation leadership for the 3 technical components that Building Egypt’s Skilled Workforce aims to achieve. S/He will support the COP in all technical and management aspects of the project and ensure that all appropriate technical requirements are met. The DCOP-Tech will report directly to the COP.
This activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
1) Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector; 2) Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and 3) Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Deputy Chief of Party Technical will report to the Chief of Party based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Oversee all technical program design and implementation, including identification of gaps in TVET Systems, human resources management and business enabling environment;
- Lead the management of objective one, transformation of the quality and market relevance of the TVET institutions and programs;
- Support the development of a quality assurance and accreditation system that guarantees the quality of TVET institutions and programs;
- Support improving skills of TVET agents to comply with the new quality standards;
- Support upgrading TVET programs and institutions to produce market-driven skills;
- Ensure that program components are results-oriented, ensure high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting;
- Ensure the timely preparation of required reports and deliverables, including quarterly, annual, and financial reports in accordance with USAID guidelines;
- Ensure project activities are meeting client expectations and that project results and accomplishments are disseminated appropriately;
- Support staff at the satellite offices in technical areas as needed;
- Work with the COP to improve implementation processes throughout the project;
- Represent the project in local, national, and international meetings and events in the absence of the COP; and
- Other tasks as assigned by the COP.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters’ degree in international development, economics, business, education, or other relevant field;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs of a similar scope and scale, of which four (4) years must be working experience in the MENA region;
- Fluency in USAID’s policies and procedures in regards to human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes, systems, and grants management;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in TVET systems, Positive Youth Development (PYD), demand-driven training, soft skills development, human resource management, MSME strengthening, financial inclusion or related fields;
- Experience implementing economic growth programs in the MENA region, Egypt highly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to organize program work teams;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, and to liaise as needed with donor and home office personnel to ensure the smooth implementation of the contract;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in Arabic and English, written and spoken, high desired.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience effectively integrating gender equality, female empowerment, and social inclusion into development projects.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.