FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party – Technical for an anticipated five-year USAID Asia: Assistance to Ethnic Tibetans in People’s Republic of China (PRC). The goal of the activity is to improve the utilization of health services by Ethnic Tibetans as well as increase economic opportunities and improve sustainable natural resource management on the Tibetan Plateau.
**This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Deputy Chief of Party -Technical will be responsible for the technical leadership and oversight of all project activities. S/he will support the COP and the DCOP - Finance, Operations, and Compliance as part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Provide technical direction for project efforts to improve health service demand, quality and utilization incorporating crosscutting considerations (Gender, Equality, and Social Inclusion; Science, Technology, and Innovation; Private Sector Engagement) for Ethnic Tibetans in the PRC.
- Oversee the design, development, planning and implementation and provide oversight and quality assurance of the project’s technical strategies.
- Lead the development and set up of systems for the timely collection, management, analysis and reporting of project performance, including valid and reliable data that meet USAID reporting requirements.
- In collaboration with the COP, develop and implement the project’s adaptive management and learning agenda to ensure activities reflect global and local evidence and project experience and lessons; produce learning reports and other knowledge products.
- Develop technical components of all deliverables, including annual work plans, Gender and Inclusive Development Action Plan (GIDAP), quarterly reports, and ensure deliverables are submitted on time and with quality.
- Manage strategic/technical engagement with consortium partners; supervise project technical team, ensuring clear roles and responsibilities and clear lines of communication.
- Provide high level coordination with public officials and key stakeholders on technical issues for smooth implementation of the project.
- Develop technical components of annual work plans, draft technical sections of quarterly reports, and ensure project technical objectives and deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Engage short term technical assistance and support as needed and ensure team responsiveness to technical assistance inputs and formal recommendations.
- Serve as a member of the project’s senior management team.
- Hold an advanced degree (minimum a Master’s degree) in Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, International Development or a related field
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant technical work experience, preferably in public health and/or integrated development, including a knowledge of the Ethnic Tibetans in People’s Republic of China for diverse technical areas
- Ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomacy skills with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e. national, provincial, district and local government officials, private sector, NGOs, and beneficiaries)
- Experience managing diverse teams and working collaboratively across teams and partners.
- Experience in using analytical tools to assess progress and adjust program delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in local language required
- Experience working on Tibetan Plateau in China strongly preferred
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to APROProposal@fhi360.org.
***In the application email, candidates are encouraged to use the subject line: “Deputy Chief of Party - Technical, USAID AET in PRC”
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.