IntraHealth seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Technical Director for the USAID Ingoybi Activity. The Ingoybi Activity will support the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. The DCOP provides technical leadership to assure clinical excellence and innovative approaches to building highly skilled and functioning public and private health workers ready to offer quality MNCH, family planning and malaria services in Rwanda. The DCOP supports the Chief of Party (COP) in providing technical program leadership in the development, management and project implementation that leads to desired project results. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume overall responsibility for the project. The DCOP will take the lead in coordinating program development, implementation and reporting, and will work very closely with the Intermediate Results (IR) Leaders overseeing the project’s major components, and other program staff to ensure results and synergy in the development and implementation of the project. The DCOP reports to the COP.
- Provides leadership in health systems strenthening and oversees the strategy and implementation of the MNCH, family planning and malaria components of the program
- Provides leadership in state-of –the-art service delivery approaches.
- Manages Technical team, as well as relevant sub award staff, and facilitates achievement of their program objectives and targets with technical backstopping and support.
- Initiates and facilitates regular technical meetings to review program implementation, and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance quality of deliverables.
- Streamlines technical integration and alignment across zonal offices and ensures quality improvement and mentorship are at the core of all service improvement interventions.
- Accounts to the COP on the delivery of strategic program objectives, with regular reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Leads documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging practices from the program internally within IntraHealth and externally with the wider stakeholder audience.
- Ensures daily operations of overall program implementation activities are on schedule and that reports, new plans and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to get the necessary approvals.
- Works with the COP to provide technical and administrative support in all aspects of the project and carries out any duties that may be assigned by the COP.
- Oversees and represents the project in the absence of the COP.
- Master’s degree in international health, social sciences, health, or related discipline and at least 10 years relevant professional experience
- Preferred experience with USAID-funded projects
- Significant experience and expertise in MNCH and Family Planning/Reproductive Health service delivery programs
- Significant knowledge and experience working with the Ministry of Health in Rwanda.
- Proven ability to direct and manage a team and to work with partners, USAID and headquarters staff
- Demonstrated experience overseeing development of activity budgets, managing activity costs, and monitoring program spending against budget in an accurate and timely manner
- Proven ability to manage confidential matters discreetly and with the trust and confidence of colleagues and clients including USAID and Ministry of Health
- Demonstrated diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a complex and changing environment with all levels of stakeholders
- Proven customer-service (client-focused) management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Willingness to travel 25% within the country and internationally on occasion
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1