DevTech Systems, Inc. (Devtech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Data Services; Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL); Education, Gender, and Youth (EGY); and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID/Ethiopia Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Project. DevTech is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the project. This project is a five-year project, and DevTech seeks a DCOP to assist the Chief of Party (COP) in leading the project for the duration of the contract. The Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Platform is envisioned to: Enhance deliberate learning focus to drive program results faster than traditional MEL; generate fit-for-purpose data to adapt and improve development programs; improve data literacy, including the ability to generate, comprehend, rigorously analyze, and apply data generated by both USAID and broader development actors; and share CLA practices and expand the use of CLA across the Mission’s implementing partners and government counterparts.
The DCOP will support the COP with the overall strategic implementation of the project. In particular, the DCOP will have primary responsibility for finance and operations, ensuring fraud prevention, strategic grants management, as well as contractual compliance of the project. The DCOP will also provide support in achieving other core objectives of the project as required.
Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- BA or MA in economics, public administration, business, social sciences, or other relevant areas;
- At least 8 years of program management experience that includes familiarity with donor funded projects and systems such as familiarity with rules and regulations, project financial management, contractual compliance, and grants management;
- At least 5 years of experience in leadership roles supporting Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning programs
- Expertise leading components in one of the following areas: performance management, collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA), or data quality assessments
- Experience managing staff and teams to achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with MEL programming USAID project management experience
- Ethiopian Nationals
- Experience working in Ethiopia
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.