DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven evidence-based organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTechcore practice areas include Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
Economic Growth Support Activity (EGSA) enables i) evidence-based decision making through ongoing analysis linking the Indo-Pacific Strategy (IPS), Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR), and Government of Indonesia (GOI) priorities and potential USAID/Indonesia assistance under USAID/Indonesia’s next Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS); (ii) increases and improves GOI technical capacity in tax collection, public expenditure, and financial accountability; and (iii) improves business enabling environment for foreign and domestic business entities.
The Deputy Chief of Party’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- With the COP, represent EGSA and DevTech’s corporate interests in public forums and to local counterparts, vendors, and other project-related officials
- With the COP, oversee the development and submission of EGSA deliverables, including weekly, quarterly and other reports as required, and ensure that project deliverables are presented to USAID in a professional manner
- With the COP and Component Experts, assist in the programming of short-term technical assistance, including preparing or reviewing individual SOWs, and with Component Experts ensure that consultants complete assignments and satisfy requirements as specified in SOWs
- Support implementation in assuring that project goals, objectives, targets and indicators are attained in a timely manner in accordance with the contract terms
- Assist the COP in preparing semi-annual work plans, action plans, and budgets; monitor project implementation against plans and budgets for the program
- Help to develop and implement project outreach and communications to counterparts and stakeholders
- Maintain communications and coordinate project related activity implementation among Component Experts, including the collection and recording of quantitative and qualitative data required by the EGSA AMELP
- Represent EGSA in meetings with USAID and project counterparts as requested by the COP
- Work with the COP and Finance and AdministrationDirector, to ensure strong financial management and adequate internal controls of the program’s funds
- Serve as Acting COP in the absence of the COP
- The DCOP reports to the COP.
The following are the key minimum capabilities required:
- Bachelors degree with minimum of 12 years of professional work experience, with 5 years’ experience managing and implementing complex development projects, with international organizations, preferably USAID
- Experience with government sector relationships
- Ability to oversee and supervise operational aspects of the project
- Ability to serve as Acting Chief of Party when the COP is unavailable
- Excellent English-language skills Excellent writing skills, both in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills
- Demonstrated outcomes of previous work and ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
- A forward-thinking and pro-active approach to working
- A positive, friendly, professional, can-do attitude and appearance in serving as a representative of the project and in all interactions with colleagues within the office
- Experience interacting and cooperating with other donor projects, high-level host country host government counterparts, and other international partners
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.