IREX seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded media support project in Liberia. The DCOP will be responsible for managing all field operations under the overall direction of the Chief of Party. This individual will oversee the project’s operations.
Only citizens of Liberia or permanent residents authorized to work in Liberia will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide strategic leadership to and general oversight of the project’s operations and administrative staff
· Monitor budget and provide required reporting in close coordination with IREX HQ
· Provide leadership in financial reporting, audit reviews, and assessment processes
· Ensure that all operations are in compliance with IREX, USAID, and Liberian regulations
· In coordination with IREX HQ and the Chief of Party, establish and ensure implementation operational policies and procedures for the project
· Manage the technical components of the project—ensuring that they are properly executed, responsive to changing project requirements, and results-oriented
· Provide review and input for project documents (workplans, monthly and quarterly reporting, and other USAID reports and internal progress reports)
· Manage effective communication and coordination with IREX’s home-office team
· Review and approve grant agreements and/or subcontracts if any are planned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Liberian citizenship or residency with work authorization
· At least seven (7) years of experience managing operations on donor-funded programs in Liberia
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
· Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing donor-funded technical assistance projects, with strong preference for past USAID-funded project management experience
· Fluency in English is required
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oK2XcfwF&s=Devex to submit your CV along with a cover letter that summarizes your experience and includes your salary range requirements.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.