Global Communities seeks an experienced Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Nicaragua Youth and Communities Secure Empowered and Resilient (NYCSER). This 17-20M, five-year program will empower youth and their communities to be resilient and equipped to advocate for and address their own interests and security needs.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Provide managerial and technical support to the Chief of Party (COP), including work planning, performance management, and strategic communications;
* Provide oversight for technical implementation of the program in collaboration with the COP for the development of deliverables, management, compliance, and reporting according to USAID and GC requirements;
* Oversee Community Outreach to build community-level trust, peace, and security by strengthening social networks and providing youth opportunities to contribute and address violence in their communities.
* In collaboration with the COP, establish and monitor project budget and progress reporting processes;
* Serve as the primary liaison to all partners;
* Manage technical staff and ensure a cohesive and productive team dynamic across the office in Bogotá and the local offices;
* Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems.
* Provide strategic oversight and leadership to subcontractors, local teams, and local partners; Work with counterparts in USAID, other development partners, Territorial Entities and other stakeholders to achieve goals and objectives of the program regarding the youth. Support COP in all operations tasks and duties
* Serve as COP in COP’s absence .
* Master’s degree or higher in management, social sciences, or a related field.
* Minimum 10 years’ prior experience implementing programs with vulnerable communities in the public and/or private sectors.
* Demonstrated experience implementing complex donor-funded development projects.
* Technical expertise in protection, income generation, GVB, Community development or violence prevention programming with vulnerable communities and youth.
* Demonstrated ability in leading programs in Nicaragua.
* Experience implementing USAID programming.
* Willingness to travel frequently.
* Proficient English and fluent Spanish writing/speaking skills required.
Nicaraguan citizens are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.