Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID Sahel Collaboration and Communication (SCC) Activity to be based in Burkina Faso. The purpose of the SCC Activity is to promote collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) for collective impact among USAID, implementing partners for RISE II, the Sahel Development Partnership (SDP), and Bridge activities in the Sahel partner communities, select national government institutions, and research institutions; and to build local capacity for learning and adaptation. SCC will improve CLA among all stakeholders in order to enhance development results and help USAID better communicate those results.
The DCOP will be responsible for leading and managing the activity and staff in Burkina Faso, with significant implementation and decision-making authority. The DCOP will report to and work closely with the COP, who will be based in Niger. This is a long-term position expected to start September 2019. The position is contingent upon award.
- Supports the COP in achieving project goals by providing technical and operational support
- Leads all aspects and phases of the program management and operations, including quality assurance, risk management, and team management
- Provides technical leadership in the areas of collaborative learning, action-oriented research, and evidence-based technical publications on resilience
- Develops and maintains relationships with stakeholders at all levels, including government, USAID, civil society organizations, USAID implementing partners, etc.
- Offers technical direction and supports CLA and resilience innovative approaches
- Provides support to program technical teams, ensuring clear communications between technical and operational teams on aspects of compliance, financial management, recruitment, procurement, logistics, sub-awards, quality control, work plans, and project reporting and documentation
- Manages, supervises, and mentors the program’s technical and administrative staff in the Burkina Faso office
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in an appropriate interdisciplinary area;
- At least 6 years of experience in senior management of development programs of similar
or greater scope and complexity;
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation
- Strong interpersonal and supervision skills managing multicultural and high-performing
- Proven ability to establish close, trusting relationships with IPs, host government officials,
and other donors;
- Considerable experience in organizational capacity development, holistic organizational
learning and/or organizational development approaches such as CLA;
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation;
- Significant relevant experience, preferably in comparable settings;
- Required to have oral and written communication and presentations skills equivalent to
tested FSI R4/S4 in both French and English.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.