Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the anticipated five-year USAID/Uzbekistan Youth Work Readiness and Entrepreneurship Activity. The Program is expected to work towards the following objectives: 1) improved quality of school-based economics and entrepreneurship programs; 2) improved quality of afterschool entrepreneurship, soft skills and work readiness programs; and 3) strengthened enabling environment to support and engage youth. The DCOP will be responsible for managing all field operations under the overall direction of the Chief of Party. This individual will oversee the project’s operations.
Only citizens of Uzbekistan or permanent residents authorized to work in Uzbekistan will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership to and general oversight of the program’s operations and administrative staff
- Monitor budget and provide required reporting in close coordination with IREX HQ
- Provide leadership in financial reporting, audit reviews, and assessment processes
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with IREX, USAID, and Uzbek regulations
- In coordination with IREX HQ and the Chief of Party, establish and ensure implementation operational policies and procedures for the program
- Manage the technical components of the program—ensuring that they are properly executed, responsive to changing program requirements, and results-oriented
- Provide review and input for program documents (workplans, monthly and quarterly reporting, and other USAID reports and internal progress reports)
- Manage effective communication and coordination with IREX’s HQ team
- Review and approve grant agreements and/or subcontracts if any are planned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Uzbek citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- At least seven (7) years of experience managing operations on development/technical assistance programs in Uzbekistan
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing development/technical assistance programs
- Fluency in English and Uzbek is required
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o79Sefw6&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration, preferably along with a cover letter which summarizes your qualifications and states your salary expectations.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.