DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech has extensive experience delivering technical assistance in Public Financial Management, domestic resource mobilization, macro-fiscal policy, policy analysis, improving the business enabling environment, and promoting export development and investment support.
DevTech is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to help lead finance and operations as well as revenue reform interventions under the USAID/ Zambia Revenue Mobilization for Equity and Growth Activity (ReMEG). The proposed activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. The four objectives are as follows:
- Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Administration and Compliance Improved
- Tax Policy Strengthened
- Public-Private Dialogue
- Enhanced Enhanced capacity to address other fiscal policy and management priorities as they emerge
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in implementing overall Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) objectives. In particular, the DCOP will be responsible for leading finance and operations section of the project, ensuring fraud prevention, strategic grants management as well as overall contractual compliance of the project. The DCOP is also expected to provide support in achieving core objectives of the project, including revenue generation, budget reforms and realigning government expenditure priorities in health, education as required.
- BA or MA in Economics, Public Administration, or other relevant areas.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a role that demonstrates experience working with USAID rules and regulations, including in project financial management, contractual compliance and grants.
- Experience with procurement, HR, accounting and financial reconciliation.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in Zambia or in Eastern or Southern Africa
- Expertise in tax policy, tax administration and/or public finance
- Familiarity with USAID ME&L framework
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.